What is TAN Registration?
TAN or Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number is a 10 digit alpha numeric number that is required to be obtained by all persons who are responsible for deducting or collecting tax. Under Section 203A of the Income Tax Act, 1961, it is mandatory to mention the Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN) allotted by the Income Tax Department (ITD) on all TDS returns.
Benefits of TAN Registration
1) Every deductor will have an authenticated login field
2) The deductor can easily get communication from the database of updated active TAN details in respect of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) and Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) from Income Tax Department.
3) TAN is ultimately used for deductions like salary, interest and dividend. While depositing tax, challan type 281 should be used and the 10 digit TAN number along with the name and address of the deductor should be correctly mentioned.
4) The deductor can obtain a statement showing the status of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS).
5) The deductors will also have provisions or benefits to download the latest Input File (FVU) for the purpose of generating correction details and checking challan status online.
6) The settlement of Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) to TAN holder in respect of section 200A.
7) The deductor can easily upload e-TDS return online.
Documents Required for TAN Registration
PAN card of Proprietor/ Firm / Company
Aadhar Card of Proprietor/Partners/Directors.
TAN Registration Fees
Our TAN expert will file your application on your behalf. A very simple procedure has been prescribed for TAN Registration. It requires no manual intervention or no physical paper submissions. Our Fees: Rs. 400/- (All inclusive price)