What is Food License ?
The food business in India are required to get done with FSSAI registration, in case any of the food business operators fail to do food license registration to pay penalty for the same. FSSAI registration is segregated in three different types such as Basic registration, State registration and Central registration, the FSSAI fees for these registrations are mentioned below:
Fees Structure (All inclusive price)
License Type ( FSSAI )
Annual turnover of the business is less than 12 lakhs
Rs.1680/- for 5 years
Annual turnover of the business is between 12 lakhs to 20 crores
Rs.3180/- to 6180/- for 1 year
Annual turnover of the business is above 20 crores or Ecommerce business or Import & Export Business or Business across all over India
Rs.8680/- for 1 year
Documents Required for Food License Registration
The documents required for basic license registration are:
- Photo of Food Business Operator.
- Document for Identity Proof like Ration Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar Card, Senior Citizen Card, Department Issued ID.
- Supporting Documents (if any):- NOC by Municipality or Panchayat, Health NOC
The documents required for state and central license registration are:
- Proof of possession of premises. (sale deed, rent agreement or electricity bill, etc.)
- Identity and address proof issued by Government authorities for proprietor, partner, director(s) or authorised signatory
- Form-B duly completed and signed (in duplicate) by the proprietor, partner or the authorised signatory.
- Blueprint or layout plan of the processing unit showing the dimensions in metres or square metres and operation-wise area allocation (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
- List of directors, partners, executive members of society or trust with full address and contact details (mandatory for companies only)
- Name and list of equipment and machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horsepower used (mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only)
- List of food category desired to be manufactured. (In case of manufacturers)
- Authority letter with name and address, the responsible person, nominated by the manufacturer along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz assisting the officers in inspections, collection of samples, packing & dispatch (for manufacturers or processors)
- Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as an ingredient in food from a recognized or public health laboratory to confirm the portability (mandatory only for manufacturing and processing units)
- Partnership deed, affidavit of proprietorship or Memorandum and Articles of Association towards the constitution of the firm. (optional)
- A copy of the certificate obtained under Coop – 1861 or Multi-State Coop Act – 2002 in case of cooperatives
- NOC and copy of the license from the manufacturer (mandatory for relabellers and repackers only)
- Food Safety Management System Plan or certificate.
- Source of milk or procurement plan for milk including the location of milk collection centres (in case of Milk and Milk Products processing).
- Sources of raw material for meat and meat processing plants.
- Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing packaged drinking water, packaged mineral water or carbonated water from a recognized public health laboratory.
- Recall plan wherever applicable.
- NOC from a municipality or local body.
- Form IX: Nomination of persons by a company along with the board resolution
- Certificate provided by the Ministry of Tourism.
Advantages of Food License
- To facilitate food safety
- Creates consumer awareness
- You can use FSSAI logo, which can build a goodwill among the customers.
- The food business can get several legal benefits
- Set down science-based principles
- Regulate manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import of food
- The research and development sector is responsible to maintain the safety.
- There is a huge chance of business expansion.
Who Should Register for Food License ?
- Any Food sale on temporary stalls.
- A petty retailer who deals with food products.
- Any person who is manufacturing or selling any food article by himself.
- Any individual who is distributing food at a religious or social gathering.
- Any Food Business Operator who does not have an annual turnover of less than Rs.20 lakh.
- Small scale cottage industry in the food business with the following capacity.
Procedure To Obtain Food License Registration
1. FILL UP APPLICATION FORM
2. MAKE ONLINE PAYMENT
3. EXECUTIVE WILL PROCESS APPLICATION
4. RECEIVE CERTIFICATE ON MAIL WITHIN 30 DAYS